If you find it challenging to find a pair of matching socks from your drawer, I am going to show you how simple it is to fold and organize your socks quickly and efficiently.
In what state is your sock drawer?
They say, “the way you do something, is the way you do everything”. So, what is that saying about you if your sock drawer is a heap of unmatched socks? Most likely you will find this same thing showing up in other areas of your life. Something to think about! If you want to change your life, start with your sock drawer. I know this sounds crazy, but seriously, if you do something as simple as organize your sock drawer, it will change the way you do everything!
Besides feeling a sense of ahhhhh every time you open your organized sock drawer, by organizing your socks you will:
- save time by not having to search for a matching pair of socks
- save money (because you will know how many socks you have instead of having a stray sock floating around somewhere in the house and having to buy new ones)
- you will have a sense of clarity and order
This technique I am going to show you below is simple, quick, and does NOT take a lot of time.
here is how it is done
- Find the match to your sock and place them on top of each other, matching heels and toes.
- Fold toes up 1/3 of the way, then fold the cuff over that.
For longer socks, fold in half, then in half again.
- Stack and put them in your drawer right away.
The key is to find some kind of little box to keep the socks contained. There are a lot of options. It doesn’t have to be fancy or cost a lot of money! The option above is very affordable and is available here.
Or Ikea sells a set of drawer boxes like this one. (I love Ikea)!
Or you can just use a simple shoe box without the lid. It doesn’t have to be fancy, just something to keep the socks contained and in a smaller area.
Fold, stack and store!
Simple as that.
Give it a whirl and see how your life changes.
By the way, how is your utensil drawer? That is next ha, ha.
No comment yet, add your voice below!