I love using essential oils and I use them frequently. They come in handy for all kinds of things around the house and for many ailments both physical and emotional. This charming, functional and easy to make essential oil travel case allows you to have access to your favorite oils without taking up all the room in your purse. I love traveling with mine.
What are your favorite oils that you carry around?
Some of my favorite essential oils that I include in my travel case are:
Lavender essential oil
I think everyone needs to have a jar of Lavender Oil handy. Some of its benefits are:
- Widely used for its calming and relaxing qualities.
- Soothes occasional skin irritations.
- Reduces appearance of skin imperfections.
- Helps to ease feelings of tension.
- Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet for a restful night’s sleep.
- Freshen your linen closet, mattress, car, or the air with a light mist of Lavender combined with water in a spray bottle.
- Add to bath water to soak away stress or apply to the temples and the back of the neck.
- Soothe and relieve symptoms from mild sunburns and burns.
Peppermint essential oil
Peppermint is not just for freshening your breath. Here are a few other things it is good for:
- Diffuse when feeling fatigued or low on energy.
- Take one to two drops in a Veggie Capsule to alleviate occasional stomach upset.*
- Promotes digestive health.*
- Add two to three drops to your favorite smoothie recipe for a refreshing twist.
- Place one drop in palm of hand with one drop Wild Orange and one drop Frankincense and inhale for a mid-day pick-me-up.
- Helps reduce bloating, gas, and occasional indigestion.*
- Add to cold water compress or foot bath to cool off when overheated.
- Inhale for a non-stimulant, invigorating pick-me-up on long drives.
- Add to shampoo or conditioner for a stimulating hair massage.
- Repels bugs naturally. Spritz around windows and doors.
- Diffuse during study-time.
- Apply topically to relieve feelings of tension.
Tea Tree Oil (melaleuca)
- For occasional skin irritations, apply 1–2 drops of Melaleuca essential oil onto affected area.
- Combine 1–2 drops with your facial cleanser for added cleansing properties, or apply to skin after shaving.
- Apply to fingernails and toenails after showering to purify and keep nails looking healthy.
I have used Tea Tree Oil (melaleuca), lemon and clove for over 15 years in my cleaner recipes. Essential oils promote healthy immune function, protect against environmental and seasonal threats, help with skin irritations, and the list goes on and on. Essential oils smell great, they are SAFE, and they get the job done!
Anyway, I could go on and on about essential oils, and I will in future blog posts. But for now, I just wanted to share with you this fun little travel purse that you can make. It really is nice to have your essential oils handy when you travel!
Mini essential oil travel case
You can fit up to TEN – 5/8 dram bottles of essential oils in this case. Taller bottles, like roller balls will also fit in the wallet.
I recommend getting these little pipettes to assist in filling your bottles.
Here is a quick story that I have to tell about an experience I had on the plane. I was flying to California and a lady sitting next to me was sneezing and wiping her nose constantly. “GREAT, just what I need a cold”. First of all, I quickly changed that fear of getting a cold, and then I reached in my purse and pulled out my little mini essential oil purse. I got out my essential oil blend and put a few drops in my mouth, and didn’t worry any more about it. NO COLD!
I am going to make up a kit for each one of my kids, to keep in their car. These make an excellent mini emergency kit and GIFTS!
Material & Items Needed
- Sewing machine
- fabric or felted sweater scraps
- 1 sheet of craft foam or thin cotton batting
- Needle and thread
- 1/8 inch braided elastic
- Button or ribbon for closure
- Masking tape
Finished purse measures approximately 3 ¾ inches x 4 inches, and is 1 inch thick with bottles enclosed.
You may also be interested in this essential oil clutch pattern.
So if you’re an essential oil lover, you’re going to love this little travel case!
Have fun sewing!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.