You gotta love a meal that you can prepare all in ONE POT, right? This shredded chicken taco bowl recipe is a one pot wonder that you can whip up in a snap. With simple ingredients and the use of the beloved Instant Pot, this Mexican dish will become one of your go-to dinner favorites.
Ingredients for shredded Chicken Taco Bowls
- Chicken Breasts – 2 large or 4 small (If using large chicken breasts, cut them in half)
- Chicken broth or water (broth makes it a little more flavorful)
- Long Grain, or Jasmine Rice – 2 cups washed and drained
- Black Beans – 1 15 oz. can, drained and rinsed
- Frozen Corn – 2 cups
- Salsa – 2 cups
- Taco Seasoning – 1 -2 packages or 1/4 – ½ cup bulk seasoning ( depending on how spicy you like it)
- Cilantro (optional)
- Chopped Olives (optional) Love this slicer!!!
- Cheddar Cheese – grated
- Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt (optional) We love to use our homemade Greek Yogurt in place of sour cream!
- Tomatoes, chopped (optional)
Pour one cup of the broth or water into the Instant Pot pan.
Place the chicken into the pot on top of the broth.
Sprinkle the taco seasoning on top of that.
Add the beans, corn and rice.
Pour the salsa in and the remaining broth or water.
Press the “MANUAL” button and adjust time to 12 minutes.******If using frozen chicken, set time for 14 minutes.
When the beeper sounds, continue to “NATURAL RELEASE” for 6 minutes.
After 6 minutes release any remaining pressure and carefully remove lid.
Find the chicken in the bottom of the pan and remove to a plate.
Using two forks shred the chicken into bite size pieces or shreds.
Add the chicken back into the pot and stir to disperse the chicken evenly.
Serve immediately. Top with optional toppings (cilantro, tomatoes, chopped olives, shredded cheese and sour cream).
This makes a great gathering meal for friends and family.