Ranch dressing is a staple in most kitchens, including mine. However, the dressing in our home has no MSG, Maltodextrin or other unknown “spices” because I have been making my own ranch dressing for years. It seriously taste just like the Hidden Valley version, perhaps even better. I am going to give you the recipe so you can make up your own homemade Ranch Dressing Mix.
Only SIX ingredients!
While you are measuring out ingredients, you might as well make enough for several batches. This will save you a lot of time. The recipe below will make enough for four batches. Each batch has approximately 16, 2 tablespoon servings.
FOUR batch recipe
- Garlic powder, 1 tsp.
- Dried Onion Flakes, 4 tsp.
- Dried Parsley Flakes, 4 Tablespoons ( or 2 Tablespoons fresh)
- Black Pepper, 2 tsp.
- Salt, 2 tsp.
- Onion Powder, 2 tsp
*2 Tablespoons of prepared mix equals one store bought packet.
Simply add all the ingredients to a jar and shake well. Label the jar and store with rest of your spices.
- Garlic powder, 1/4 tsp.
- Dried Onion Flakes, 1 tsp.
- Dried Parsley Flakes, 1 Tablespoons ( or 2 Tablespoons fresh)
- Black Pepper, 1/2 tsp.
- Salt, 1/2 tsp.
- Onion Powder, 1/2 tsp
Use the mix to make dips, salad dressing and other recipes that call for Ranch Dressing Mix.
Ranch salad dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk ( if you don’t have buttermilk, no worries). Add one tablespoon lemon juice or white vinegar to a liquid measuring cup, and add enough milk until it measures 1 cup
- Add dry ingredients listed above.
- Whisk well and enjoy!
The flavor will improve after sitting a bit.
You may be interested in the Italian Dressing Recipe.
Make your own Ranch Dressing that is just as good as the store bought packets, even better. This mix does not contain any MSG! Use the mix in dips, dressings and other recipes that call for ranch dressing packets. You are going to love it.
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 4 tsp. Dried Onion Flakes
- 4 Tablespoons Parsley Flakes or 2 T chopped fresh
- 2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons prepared ranch mix
Add all ingredients to small glass jar and shake well.
2 Tablespoons of mix equals 1 store bought packet.
My kids prefer this over the store bought traditional ranch dressing.