by Jan Howell
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 20
Keywords: side salad entree vegetarian black beans quinoa chick peas
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
- 1 cup rinsed quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Rinse 1 cup quinoa well in a fine strainer. Place 2 cups water and quinoa in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat on low, cover and cook 15 minutes. Let cool and fluff with fork.
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 can kidney beans (black beans are good also)
- 1 cucumber, quartered and chopped (peel if not organic)
- 1-2 tomatoes, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 TB chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled (cook quinoa while chopping veggies)
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 TB plum vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
In a small bowl, mix olive oil, vinegar, and spices.
Drain and rinse beans.
In a large bowl, add beans, veggies, and quinoa.
Pour dressing over the top and mix well.
Chill and serve.
This makes a great lunch served with corn chips.
This is an easy recipe to add or take away any ingredients to your liking.
Check out this post with more info on quinoa.
Powered by Recipage