I am fairly new at this method of cooking vegetables and I love it! It is so simple. There are very few ingredients, and it just seems to bring out such a good flavor in whatever you are cooking. You will have to try roasted brussel sprouts as well. YUM, YUM!
Here is a recipe for roasted asparagus that my family enjoys and I hope you will too.
Roasted Asparagus and Other Veggies
by Jan Howell
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (4-6 servings)
- 1 1/2 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Other veggies of your choice: red or green peppers, chopped onion, garlic cloves
- Dried Italian seasoning or a combination of thyme, oregano, or rosemary. (fresh or dried)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 TBS Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Heat a heavy shallow baking pan in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl toss asparagus with herbs, oil and salt and pepper.
- Spread asparagus and other veggies in a single layer. Return to oven.
- Roast uncovered until spears are tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, about 10-12 minutes. Turn a few times to coat with oil and evenly roast.
- Remove baking pan from oven. Using tongs, transfer vegetables to serving platter.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. (optional)
Powered by Recipage