Here is another quick lunch idea or a great side salad for dinner. This is a quick, yummy salad I fix for lunch all time. It does have dairy, which I am cutting back on in my diet. I do love feta and cheese. I will admit though, I have done really well and have not really missed the cheese. But I suppose you could do without the feta.
- Romaine lettuce
- Radicchio (that’s the beautiful red looking lettuce) It has high levels of antioxidants and studies show that the antioxidant content in radicchio is higher than that of spinach and blueberries.
- Handful of walnuts
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup craisins
- Chickpeas are good but optional (if I have some in the fridge from leftovers I will add them) great to add some protein and kinda gives you a little cheesy taste
- Crumble up 2 tablespoons or more of feta cheese (optional)
Top this off with this yummy, easy to make basic herb dressing.
Basic Herb Dressing
- Juice of 1/2 LEMON (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 clove GARLIC (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon each DRY MUSTARD, MARJORAM, THYME
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh BASIL or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh DILL
- any other herbs you desire
- 1/4 teaspoon SALT
- 1/4 teaspoon SEA SALT
- 1/4 teaspoon CAYENNE PEPPER
- 3/4 cup EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
Put this all in a container that would be good to store an oil dressing. I like to use a glass container with a good narrow top or a pint mason jar will work. This is also a great dressing to use over leftover quinoa with some cucumbers, cut up tomatoes, and whatever else you want to throw in. Feta is good 🙂
Hey, there is another QUICK LUNCH IDEA!
Click on the comment box below to let me know what ya think.
I would love to hear your comments.