If you like lasagna, you are going to love learning how easy it is to make in the Instant Pot. This is one of my most favorite things to make in the Instant Pot so far. It is quick AND delicious!
No more cooking the noodles first. Using the “no boil” lasagna noodles shortens the time and makes the dish tastier. I personally prefer this thin flat noodle over the thick traditional wavy ones. You can use the regular noodles just add 3 minutes to the cooking time.
Although it doesn’t make up a huge batch (serves 4), it is a great for couples or single folks, (Because you have to have at least one serving to take for lunch the next day). You know what I do? I make two batches up with my other Instant Pot. Yep, I use two pots all the time!!!!!! Having two Instant Pots………something to consider?
Ingredients (4 servings)
- Large Curd Cottage Cheese 1 cup
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning Mix ( Oregano, Basil, Rosemary, Thyme, Sage, Marjoram)
- Mozzarella cheese (grated) 1 cup
- Parmesan cheese 1 cup divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 lb cooked ground beef or turkey sausage (optional) This turkey sausage is made from ground turkey and is so delicious!!!
- No Boil lasagna noodles, regular noodles can be used just add 3 minutes to cooking time. (You will not use the whole package).
- 1/2 jar spaghetti sauce (12 oz)
- Add everything, except noodles and meat, to a mixing bowl and mix together. (Reserve 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese for later)
You will need a 7 inch pan like this. I really like these spring form pans because they fit really nicely in the Instant Pot.
- Place noodles in the bottom of the pan. (You will need to break and casually piece noodles together to cover the bottom of pan). It doesn’t matter if the noodles overlap.
- Pour enough sauce on top of the noodles to cover.
- Sprinkle half of the meat on
- Add 1/2 of the cheese mixture and spread evenly
- Place another layer of noodles
Repeat process one more time
- Cheese Mixture
- Finish it off with another layer of sauce
- Sprinkle Parmesan and more shredded mozzarella if desired
- Place the trivet in the Instant Pot
- Add 1/2 cup water to the pot
- Cover lightly with aluminium foil
- Lower the pan of lasagna into the inner pot on top of the trivet
- Place the lid on and flip pressure valve away from you
- Choose “MANUAL” and adjust time up or down to 22 minutes (25 minutes for regular noodles)
- It will take approximately 4 minutes to get up to pressure
- When the beeper sounds, do not remove lid, let the pot NATURAL RELEASE for 10 minutes.
- If you want the top cheeses a little crispy like I do, place the pan under the broiler for a few minutes or until your liking.
- Remove spring form pan and using a plastic knife or plastic utensil, cut into serving sizes. Metal knifes or spatulas will scrape the nonstick surface of the pan.