What is your relationship like with money? Do you always have enough cash on hand? Would you like to have MORE MONEY? Do you just shove cash in your wallet? Do you hate it or love it? Several years ago I was introduced to Kirk Duncan from 3 Key Elements and have done several trainings with him. One of the things he teaches is that if you want to have more money, then it is up to you to sort out, clean out, clean up, and put in order all your thoughts and emotions about money. He teaches a system called MONEY FRIENDS. I love it and want to share it with you.
In a previous post, I shared 5 steps to help clear limiting beliefs about money. They are:
Change Your Thoughts
Change Your Talk
Change Your Beliefs
Reprogram Your Brain
If you have any LACK MENTALITY PROGRAMS running in your head, these programs are going to keep you from having money. Do you ever catch yourself thinking, or heaven forbid saying out loud “I don’t have enough money?” If you are thinking these thoughts or speaking these words out loud, that is exactly what you are going to experience, NOT ENOUGH MONEY. It’s time to get rid of those negative beliefs and rekindle your relationship with money. Having a set of MONEY FRIENDS in your wallet will help you take all 5 of these steps in clearing these limiting beliefs. That is why I love them!
Money friends are a little set of bills that you keep tucked in your wallet. The set includes one of each bill. A ONE, a TWO, a FIVE, a TEN, a TWENTY, a FIFTY, and a HUNDRED dollar bill. Now you don’t have to have a complete set right away, so just relax. That is something you can work up to if needs be.
How Do I Use Money Friends?
I started using this idea years ago with just a twenty dollar bill. In one of my sessions with Carol Tuttle, many years ago, she recommended I get a high value bill and keep it in my wallet. I wasn’t to spend it, unless I really needed it. It was there for me to KNOW, FEEL be able to say that I HAD MONEY. If I wanted something, I would know that if I really wanted it, I had enough to buy it. When I spent it, I would quickly replace it. I was very faithful about having that twenty or fifty dollar bill at hand. It really did help me be able to start feeling what it was like to HAVE ENOUGH money. It really did help me change out of that pattern of lack mentality. I switched my thinking to “I always have money.”
Like Carol Tuttle’s recommendation, Kirk has you keep cash in your wallet but just a little more. Now I know some of you may be thinking that is a lot of cash to keep in your wallet, I know I did. I was worried about it getting stolen or lost. I have never had a problem with it and feel more secure having it in there than not.
Besides the comfort of knowing I always have money, there is another benefit that I love about having some extra cash in my wallet, I always have cash to give to SOMEONE ELSE in need. I have had several opportunities when I saw a need and was able to reach into my wallet and slip someone a few bills, or even a BIG one. How fun is that? Something I couldn’t have done before.
Another benefit of having a little extra cash on hand, is for those times when your debit card isn’t working or you forgot the checkbook. No need to panic, MONEY FRIENDS to the rescue!
You use the cash and replace it as soon as possible. It becomes like a little game.
- Start with a dollar bill, if that is all the extra cash you have, and build up to a full set as soon as possible.
- Neatly stack the bills in order and facing the same way.
- Fold the stack in half with the dollar bill on the outside. (That way it won’t be so obvious to those peering in your wallet that you are loaded).
- Use a paper clip to keep them folded and secure.
- I like to keep my stash behind my envelope tabs in the back of my wallet. Find a place in your wallet that is separate from all the other cash you have in your wallet. (Hopefully you are using the cash envelope system)!
- These guys are your FRIENDS. Touch them, look at them, take care of them. (Don’t just shove them in your wallet somewhere).
- Use it when needed, then quickly replace it as soon as you can.
- When you do use your money friends to help someone else, you will be amazed at how fast that money shows up again.
Check out Kirk Duncan’s Audio CD .
Check out all the rest of Kirk Duncan’s audio library here. He is very inspiring.
Get a paper clip, a few bills and let the magic happen!