This is the best tasting hummus ever! Simple, flavorful and creamy. You are going to love this healthy dipping snack. Eat is as a dip or on a sandwich. Yummy, yum! What I love about this hummus recipe is that it is super easy to make and seriously taste so good. It makes approximately 1 cup.
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup water
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. Tahini
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Chives (optional)
- 1-2 Tbsp. Fresh parsley (optional)
- 1-2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro (optional)
- In a small sauce pan bring the water to a boil, add in the garlic and boil uncovered for 3 minutes.
- Take garlic out of water and set aside to cool. Reserve water.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the garlic, garbanzo beans, lemon juice, lemon zest, Tahini, salt, cumin, paprika and olive oil.
- If you want the herbs blended in so you can’t see them, add them now and puree.
- Process until smooth by adding 3-4 Tbsp. of the reserved garlic water, until you get the desired consistency. (It doesn’t take much, so pour slowly).
- If you want the herbs to be seen, add them now and mix well.
- Transfer to a small serving dish and sprinkle with additional paprika if desired.