If you are interested in cleaning your house without toxic chemicals, this is an awesome recipe for a DIY non toxic cleaner. I have been making and using this cleaner for years, with great results. The essential oils used in this blend are great germ and bacteria busters!
This cleaner is very quick to make up and cost effective!
We use it on:
What you will need:
- 16 oz. Spray Bottle
- 2 teaspoons concentrated dish soap or 1 TB regular dish soap (use half that if you have soft water)
- 30-40 drops Tea Tree, (Melaleuca) essential oil
- Distilled or filtered water
Other essential oils that work great are: Clove, Lemon, Geranium, Rosemary and Wild Orange. (I like to add 30 drops of Melaleuca and 10 drops of another oil).
Mrs. Myers dish soaps are really nice to use in this cleaner because they smell so yummy! Experiment and find what smells you like. Definitely makes cleaning the bathroom a lot more enjoyable!!!
- Fill the bottle 3/4 full of water
- Add the soap and essential oils. (Adding the soap last will keep it from foaming up and spilling all the precious essential oils out of the bottle).
- Carefully fill the rest of the bottle up with water and shake well.
- Shake before use.
I love these labeled bottles. The recipes for the cleaners is printed on the label that goes on the back side of the bottle. No more searching for the recipe when it comes time to make up another batch.
Walmart sells a set of wash cloths called Mainstays and they are only like $4.00 for 18.
Whenever I am somewhere else cleaning, and I am using chemical cleaners, I can sure tell the difference. I get a headache and feel so yucky afterwards. You may want to think about what you are using to clean with and if you want those chemicals in your home. I have found that there ARE great alternatives out there without giving up any cleaning power.
The best thing is, that you can make them yourselves and save a lot of money!
Why don’t you give it a whirl!