Finally, a BBQ sauce without high fructose corn syrup! Have you ever tried to find a BBQ sauce at the store that does not have corn syrup in it? Well, it is challenging. We have not had BBQ sauce at our house for several years, because I could not find one I liked. I am going to share with you a homemade BBQ sauce recipe that I came across on Pinterest from Gimme Some Oven . My family loves it! It is not only delicious, but surprisingly easy to make.
When I made it the for the first time, I din’t have any liquid smoke, but I made it anyway. Personally, I don’t care for liquid smoke, but if you like it, I am sure it taste great. Anyway, we all liked the sauce without it.
Makes a really good BBQ sandwich, BBQ ribs, chicken, beef and as a dip for chicken strips.
Ingredients (About 2 cups)
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. liquid smoke (optional) I don’t use it, but if you like the smokey taste it is good
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer (uncovered) for 20 minutes, or until the sauce has slightly thickened.
Use the sauce immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 1 week.